I'm a freelance writer and aspiring science fiction novelist. Some of my work can be found online, some purchased via Amazon. This page collects the links in one place. If you notice anything missing or broken links, please let me know. These things happen even to the most plugged-in, and I have never masqueraded as the most plugged-in!
- I wrote this article on The Shape of Motherhood for La Leche League's New Beginnings Magazine in 2008. This was my favorite piece I worked on for LLL.
- I was asked to take a hodgepodge of tips and ideas and turn it into this Motherhood Survival Guide for another issue of La Leche League's New Beginnings Magazine.
- I have served as Contributing Editor for New Beginnings Magazine's Toddler Tips column for the last 2 years. For whatever reason it doesn't actually say so on this page, but the 2009 and some of the 2008 columns I edited, as well as any from 2010 that may be located elsewhere on the site as New Beginnings Magazine is being published online differently now. This link might work for the current issue, no idea what will happen when the next issue is published as the Toddler Tips column may or may not appear on page 24. The magazine is really beautiful online - you should check it out!
- I write little pieces for the Chicago Tribune's Trib Local section from time to time, including this bit about a Memorial Day run in 2010 that my husband, brother-in-law, and son all ran in. I also write up my son's Gymnastics meets like this one in May 2010, and this one in January of 2010. Those were both printed in the Thursday print edition of the TribLocal section, which is very entertaining. I also write up my daughter's events like her softball season end.
- I am also a staff reader/editor for Flash Fiction Online and have occasionally contributed articles to the FlashBlog over there. If you're not already reading flash fiction, you should.
- One Laptop Per Child is a Nick Negroponte effort to get laptops into the hands of children all over the world. The friendly green laptops are really quite awesome, we got two for the kids a few years ago and I did some OLPC events with my children, then wrote up our experiences for the OLPCNews.com blog and my own blog.
- I enter the Writers of the Future contest from time to time and sometimes even get an Honorable Mention.
- My short story Apples on the Moon won a National Space Society and Hadley Rille Books contest and was published in the anthology Return to Luna. You can buy it on Amazon or Barnes and Noble. The anthology was positively reviewed by Chris Gerrib on Private Mars Rocket, and my story got a shout-out!